Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ThinkAutomation Business Process Automation > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

import an Outlook .pst - Event Date: 27 Mar 2006 - 29 Mar 2006

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aabrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: import an Outlook .pst
    Posted: 27 Mar 2006 at 7:48pm
Is there currently a feature to import an entire Outlook .pst into a database? The 'File Pickup' option only processes text e-mail from the selected folder, and I like that, but I would like to be able to process an entire .pst. Should I post this as a 'Feature Request' or does this feature alreadty exist?

The WiderNet Project
201 Communications Center
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242
U.S.A.
Stephen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2006 at 9:21am
Hi, Only Outlook itself can open PST files.. So its not possible for Email2DB to process the raw file.. You must use the existing Email2DB Outlook add-in and process each folder in turn.. We may look into the option of processing ALL folders for a future update.. Thanks Steve
McCarthyLabs View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McCarthyLabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Stephen Stephen wrote:

Hi, Only Outlook itself can open PST files.. So its not possible for Email2DB to process the raw file.. You must use the existing Email2DB Outlook add-in and process each folder in turn.. We may look into the option of processing ALL folders for a future update.. Thanks Steve

Hi,

Sorry, I know this is a REALLY old post but searching for "PST" and "Outlook PST File" didn't give me a definitive answer.  Can the current release of Email2DB process and import messages inside of an Outlook .PST file?

I have quite a few large .PST files that I would like Email2DB to ingest and process.  If it can't process them in their original .PST format, is there a workable process (even if partly manual) to get emails out of .PST files (actually, .MSG files within folders within .PST files) and into Email2DB?

I did see some information on the http://www.email2db.com/whatsnew.aspx page referring to Outlook MSG files but nothing specific to Outlook PST files.

Kind Regards,
Jack

Stephen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 9:01am
Hi Jack,

We have developed a new stand alone PST (or OST) message importer. This reads messages from any PST or OST file and exports them to Email2DB for processing.

We are currently testing this and it will be released as part of the next Email2DB V3 service pack.

Many Thanks
Stephen
McCarthyLabs View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McCarthyLabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 9:50am
That is great news, thanks Stephen!

-Jack

gemmacallicoat View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemmacallicoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 12:33am
For getting a solution for the Outlook PST file migration into some other file format or email client you can take help of some technique that may help you out from this problem. I had found a blog through which you can know how transfer the data from PST to other format easily hope that will solve your conversion issues. You read that blog from this link: https://www.softaken.com/blog/import-pst-file-in-existing-outlook-outlook-data-file
gemmacallicoat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic