Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ThinkAutomation Business Process Automation > ThinkAutomation Version 4
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Connection error w/ ThinkAutomation Server 20119
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Connection error w/ ThinkAutomation Server 20119

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkersoft-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 6:19am
"Weird thing though, when putting back my proxy bypass list I have to put that entry before any entry that has a starting * in it...."

That's what I'm talking about, the proxy bypas list only reads the first 200 characters or so, the most important exceptions needs to be right at the front.

Personally I find putting localhost and 127.0.0.1 expections (with with or without wildcards) near the start I find it makes it easier to manager and troubleshoot.

Also, putting IP addresses near the start then hostnames after all IP addresses seems to make Windows read the exceptions better too. This is just my personal experience here so take it as you will.

Wildcards are often needed, and can be quite handy when trying to keep your exceptions list below 200 characters.

"Important to note though: This problem doesn't just affect the TA administrator for users! the actual TA services have the same issue and mail handeling doesn't work unless we change these settings for the local system user as well."

Can't really comment on that as I'm not sure what you've changed.

Depending on the environment you do somethimes need to change the username from localsystem for some services, mainly ones that connect to SQL server.

If you're not on about changing the username services are running under via services.msc and I'm mistaken, let me know what you have had to change and I can comment better.

Edited by parkersoft-jim - 07 Nov 2018 at 6:29am
Dennis View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:06am
One more question.

Do you know why 127.0.0.* works but 127.0.0.1 doesn't?
parkersoft-jim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkersoft-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 5:19am
No idea I'm afraid, there have been issues with the proxy bypass list in Windows for years, 18 at least. You just have to play around with the order of the hostnames and exceptions you put in there until it works.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic