Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ThinkAutomation Business Process Automation > ThinkAutomation Version 4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Install :: Configure Web Server Later

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pemurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Install :: Configure Web Server Later
    Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 12:43am
Greetings All,

I was under the gun to install Enterprise TA and could not install IIS on 2016 because apparently you have to log in as the local administrator (and not domain administrator) to do so.

I proceeded with the install (TA 4.2) and it seems to be working fine.

Now I want to use some Twilio functions and I am getting a message as: 

"Could not make Twilio call.  Think Automation Web Services URL not configured."

I recall that when I install without IIS using an external SQL Server, it said something about me having to set up the user rights later.

1) How do I do that please?
2) How do I configure the Think Automation Web Services URL after the initial install?

Can I just install over what I have already installed?  The 'issue' for me is that we are close to going into production with the automation that we have built and I do not know how to save or export my accounts and automations in order to recover them after uninstalling and re-installing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Paul
PEM
parkersoft-jim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkersoft-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 8:40am
As the error suggests you need to configure the Web services of ThinkAutomation 1st.

1. Create an AppPool in IIS and ensure you point it to the 'WebServices' folder in your Thinkautomation install directort. This is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\ThinkAutomationV4\WebServices\

2. Configure the Web Services URL via File -> Program Options -> General in the ThinkAutomation Administrator

3. If using a hostname ensure it resolves to your ThinkAutomations IP and setup any NATing / URL forwarding for external connections to that URL if things connect externally.
pemurray View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pemurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 7:30pm
I really regret not having made sure that IIS was properly installed.  Unfortunately on Windows 2016, you have to login as local administrator to install IIS.  So no it is installed but I am getting this error when I click on File | Program Options and then click the 'Test' button next to Web Services URL:

Could not load file or assembly 'ChilkatDotNet45'

The suggestions to fix this suggest that you have to install either the 32 or 64 bit version of the ChilkatDotNet45.dll into the Global Assembly Cache (GAC).  Is that right?  How exactly do I do that and which one do I load?  I don't want to bring down my production machine by doing something wrong.  Thanks in advance for any help!!

Paul
PEM
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkersoft-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 7:50am
I would suggest first loading IIS and going to your AppPools.

From there, seleect whatever AppPools you created and go to their 'Advanced Settings' (selectable from the right).

This should open, a new Popup Window. In there, ensure you set 'Enable 32-bit Applications' to 'True'.

Once that is done, perform an iisreset command by running CMD 'as Administrator'.
pemurray View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pemurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 7:08pm
I think I am still having trouble with Chilkat...

I am attempting to do a phone lookup at lookups.twilio.com and read the response. 

But I am getting some error and not sure what it is.

Kindly see screenshot from message log.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Paul

P.S., I checked hitting the 'tree' picture icon and I cannot find ANY place to upload an image.  I had to put it on my web server which is not really great.

PEM
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkersoft-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 7:19pm
It looks like something is misconfigured on your trigger action, you may be trying to use the wrong function or wrong variable. Note the 'no data' error, maybe a variable is empty/null. What have you set on your trigger action?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic