Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ThinkAutomation Business Process Automation > Scripting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amazon MWS order retrieval

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenTent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amazon MWS order retrieval
    Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 3:51pm
Hello, has anyone written a trigger or script that interfaces with Amazon MWS seller interface? We are interested to retrieve the list of open orders, download and process them.  Not sure if I can use the Call a Web Service trigger command or POST to a website or if I need to drop into script.  

Any clues or help would be appreciated. 

thanks
Mark
thanks,
Mark Carpenter
www.gentent.com
WeaterProof Your Power!
parkersoft-jim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkersoft-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 9:51am
I'm not very familiar with Amazon's API, but I believe other customers tend to use the Call a web service trigger action to do things with it.

As a first port of call I would suggest looking into the Web Services options of ThinkAutomation and then enquire with Amazon what format and API needs to be used when making web service calls to and from them.
GenTent View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenTent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:14am
Thanks Jim.  I have the format that Amazon requires. There are several elements that have to do with credentials/authentication, so I'd need control over how the POST gets formatted. 
thanks,
Mark Carpenter
www.gentent.com
WeaterProof Your Power!
parkersoft-jim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkersoft-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 2:51am
If its a POST that is being done, you should be fine with the Post To Webpage trigger action.

http://www.thinkautomation.com/help/action_httppost.htm

However, beyond that I'm afraid you'll need to find out from Amazon what their URL if they use form fields, JSON, or somthing else custom.

As you see in the atached help file all three are possible, you just need to get the information from Amazon to find out what their web servers expect.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic