Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ThinkAutomation Business Process Automation > ThinkAutomation Version 4
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - TAMSGServer Invalid column name 'NodeName'. FROM c
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TAMSGServer Invalid column name 'NodeName'. FROM c

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee-GPK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TAMSGServer Invalid column name 'NodeName'. FROM c
    Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 8:04pm
Hi All
Hoping someone can help. 
We upgraded to the latest version of ThinkAutomation from 4.1 to 4.2 and now my triggers are not working. The triggers are for auto saving and printing of supplier invoices. They come in via email then get picked up and attachment saved and printed

In the trigger process log  the errors im getting are

TAMSGServer Invalid column name 'NodeName'. FROM clsMetaVariableCache.SetVariableValue
TAMSGServer Cannot find the object "VariableCache" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions. FROM CheckNodeNameCol

And it repeats this for ever variable i use in the trigger.

Any help is appreciated. 
parkersoft-jim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkersoft-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 3:07am
Hi Lee,

I've responded on your support request;

From the messagelog errors you are getting it looks to me like a table that is needed for variables to function doesn't exist.

Could you cofirm if you are using the built-in database, or an SQL server for the ThinkAutomation messagestore?

If you are using SQL could you use SQL management studio and check to see if there is a table called dbo.VariableCache?
Lee-GPK View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee-GPK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 7:17pm
Hi
yes the table is there.
and im using SQL Server
I can load the top 1000 records and see data too.

Edited by Lee-GPK - 30 Apr 2018 at 7:18pm
Lee-GPK View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee-GPK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 7:04pm
Not sure whats going on but seems to be working today. See how it goes maybe SQL was playing up
parkersoft-jim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkersoft-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 3:42am
That's the thing with error messages...

TAMSGServer Invalid column name 'NodeName'. FROM clsMetaVariableCache.SetVariableValue
TAMSGServer Cannot find the object "VariableCache" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions. FROM CheckNodeNameCol

...that indicates to me that it cannot find those values on a the messagestore database table, hence why I asked you to check if they're still there.

Although by a computer not being able to find data on a remote server doesn't necessarily mean the data isn't there.

I would suggest checking the Event Viewer on the Thinautomation machine from around the time the error appeared in the logs and alos the logs on the SQL server to see if there were any problems around the time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic