Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > WhosOn Live Chat > WhosOn Chat Setup Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WhosOn Client Connecting but no visitors showing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WhosOn Client Connecting but no visitors showing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwallacejr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WhosOn Client Connecting but no visitors showing
    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 7:13am
About a week ago,  I stopped seeing visitors in my WhosOn Client (there are visitors to our website).
We host WhosOn 2014 on our web server.  The client connects without issue.  Just no visitors.  We use Server Side Tracking.

On WhosOn Administration, in the Server Log tab, I see "Gateway:Listen Failed: [10048] Address already in use.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Liam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 2:38am
I'm not overly familiar with server side tracking but the error just sounds like the gateway config is set to a port that is used by something else, this is set in File -> Program Options -> Remote Access -> WhosOn Gateway

If nothing has changed on the server then a simple restart would likely fix the problem. If it doesn't then you will need to do some investigation to see what port the gateway is set to use and then see if anything else is set to listen on that port.
Most likely culprit is IIS, although this command prompt line may help to find the source
netstat -aon | find ":{gateway port number}"

In short the gateway needs to listen on it's own dedicated port or NIC, so it can't share a port/NIC with any other software, bear this in mind when troubleshooting and you should find the problem.

The default ports for the gateway are 8080 and 8443, although using multiple NICs or ARR - https://www.whoson.com/helpfiles/help/arr_and_the_whoson_gateway.htm - can allow the gateway to listen on the same ports as IIS

I hope this helps!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic