Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ThinkAutomation Business Process Automation > ThinkAutomation Version 4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attaching multiple PDFs to outgoing email

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UtdRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attaching multiple PDFs to outgoing email
    Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:10am
Apologies if this has been covered, I couldn't not find it if so. 

I am trying to automate a processes where multiple PO files (PDFs) are sent to my client in a single email. My approach has been to have all of the PDFs saved to a folder on the file drive, using a File PickUp trigger, pick up the PDFs and send them with the outgoing message by using the Send an Email function and Including incoming attachments. This sends one email per PDF, with the attachment. 

Have any of you built something similar before, or is this even possible with the email function? 
parkersoft-nick View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Lead Developer - ThinkAutomation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkersoft-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:39am
Hi there, 

Thanks for raising this in the forum. You currently have to explicitly target known locations of attachments and separate with a ';' character. 

I think it would be a nice addition to use a '*' wildcard character to say 'attach all the files in this directory.' I will look into this a potential addition to our road map. 

Keep an eye out on the forums for more updates on this and other potential new features or feel free to ask more questions if you have them Smile
Nick Proud - Parker Software

Software Development Lead -ThinkAutomation
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic