Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ThinkAutomation Business Process Automation > ThinkAutomation Version 4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Web Services Datafeed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfielding68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Web Services Datafeed
    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 12:14am
Hi there,

I would like to use the API in ThinkAutomation to expose a datafeed from our database to be available for an external customer.
I have tried posting to this API using a trigger in an account setup but when I try to get the data it returns a different value.  I suspect I am not configuring it correctly.
Is there any documentation that can step me through the configuration

Thanks Julie

Details
Database pull extracts 12 fields from a database table that I want to allow an API get so that an external customer can connect with a Power BI data connection
Biker-Jim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker-Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 6:43am
Below is a link to the Help resources. This particular URL goes directly to the Message Retrieval account section, which explains how to configure ThinkAutomation to pull in data from various sources.

At the very bottom of the page, are further links to the specific types of message retrieval.

Edited by Biker-Jim - 02 Dec 2019 at 6:46am
jfielding68 View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfielding68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 6:18pm
Thank you for responding to my post, I think that what I am hoping to achieve is not possible.
I want an external user to contact the API so they can get data from our database not post data.
Thanks anyway
paul.oconnor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul.oconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 12:33pm
Hi Julie,

It all depends on the information you are looking to retrieve from ThinkAutomation's own database. There is the ability to get/post using the ThinkAutomation Web Services. For more information on the webservices please see: https://www.thinkautomation.com/help/the_email2db_web_services.htm
Paul O
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic